The 3rd Busan Intercity Film Festival will be held from May 31st to June 3rd in Busan, South Korea, and they have put out a call for film submissions from other UNESCO Creative Cities.
Each year they decide on a slogan and screen a selection of films from each city, and this year that slogan is “Our City“. Galway City of Film will be choosing a shortlist of five films on this theme to send to Busan and to represent the City.
“We are going to invite outstanding films from various cities around the world that show different cultural characteristics and diversity while strengthening our relationship and friendship.” – Busan Intercity Film Festival Committee.
This is a fantastic opportunity for local Galway filmmakers to have their films shown in an international film festival, so be sure to send your film into us, and you’ll be in with a good chance of having it screened in Busan, Korea!
- The film should be shot in Galway, or be directed by a Galwegian.
- Your submission should reflect the theme of “Our City”.
- You should have completed work on this film sometime in the last two years.
- All entries must carry English subtitles.
- All entries must be accompanied by stills from the film and some images of the director. (In the case that the film is chosen, these images will be used in the program.)
- All submissions should come with a fully completed Application Form and be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All film files should be MOV, MP4, or H264.
The deadline for submissions is Monday April 22nd.